Read the book Stolen Girl by Trina Saffioti and Norma MacDonald, stopping to explain or answer questions if necessary.
- How did this book make you feel?
- Why do you think this is important for us to know?
- Were there any new words in this book that you did not understand?
After unpacking the book, support your child to prepare a Personal Learning Statement.
They are going to reflect on what they have been learning by writing a couple of paragraphs. They will be given some sentence starters and they need to write their own statement and then record it.
- Read through the online worksheet. You can write your responses in a book, or complete online. Before filling out the answers, brainstorm ideas and read aloud first. (Encourage your child to think deeply about their answer, while reflecting on book.)
- Assist your child with writing and editing their personal statements.
- Use the yarning circle inspired space you have created in your home to allow your child to share their writing.