The Healing Foundation’s Stolen Generations Reference Group guides our Stolen Generations work, ensuring these programs effectively meet the unique healing needs of Stolen Generations survivors and their families.
The group brings together a diverse group of Stolen Generations men and women from around Australia.
We gratefully acknowledge the contribution and commitment of our Stolen Generations Reference Group members:
- Ian Hamm, VIC (Yorta Yorta), Chair
- Michael Welsh, NSW (Wailwan, Coonamble, NSW)
- Mark Bin Bakar, WA (Kitja/Gunian East Kimberley)
- Maisie Austin, TI (Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal descent)
- Tony Hansen, WA (Noongar and Wagyl Kaip tribal boundaries)
- David Wragge, QLD (Wakka Wakka, Ghungalu, Juru, Bindal, and Wulgurukba)
See their full bios below.
Most recently our Stolen Generations Reference Group have contributed to the Stolen Generations Resource Kit for Teachers and Students. The teaching resource has been developed to introduce students from Foundation to Year 9 to the firsthand experiences of Stolen Generations survivors.
In 2017, the Stolen Generations Reference Group contributed to the design and development of the BTH20 anniversary artwork.