Royal Park Depot 

LOCATION: Park Street, Parkville

DESCRIPTION: Established as the sole reception centre for children committed to state care, the Royal Park Depot was a ‘clearinghouse’ for boys and girls before they were boarded out, sent out to service or committed to a reformatory school. In 1955 it was renamed Turana.

OPENING DATE: 1880
CLOSING DATE: 1955

Subscribe to our Mailing List

Terms & conditions     |     Privacy Policy     |     © Copyright Healing Foundation 2021. All rights reserved     |     Website designed, developed by

Message: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this website may contain images, voices and names of people who have passed away.