LOCATION: In the Palm Island Group off the coast of Townsville (Street address Unknown)
DESCRIPTION: This government run facility was established to treat non-Europeans suffering from leprosy until it was gazetted into an Aboriginal reserve in 1925. From 1928 Aboriginal people suffering from venereal diseases were sent here. These included Aboriginal patients sent from the lazaret on Peel Island (in Moreton Bay) in 1940.
OPENING DATE: 1939
CLOSING DATE: 1973