Watch the video Sorry Day by Coral Vass and Dub Leffler and then write down some key thoughts and observations from the book.
- Think about the significance of the cultural backgrounds of the author and illustrator.
- Identify the historical, social and cultural value of the book – engage a parent/caregiver in the conversation.
Then create a mind map and multi-modal presentation on the historical, social and cultural value of the book. Mind maps should include:
- quotes and images from the book
- quotes from the author and/or illustrator
- quotes and/or images from the Apology
- statistics and information about the Stolen Generations
- a clear expression of your opinion of the historical, social and cultural value of the book.
Recommended multi-modal formats:
- Word doc
- Use the yarning circle inspired space you have created in your home to share your presentation and send a copy to your teacher.