Read stories from Stolen Generations survivors and understand the ongoing effects of their removal on them, their family and community. Then choose one person’s story and use the knowledge to conduct your own research to create:
- a persuasive poster about the ongoing effects of the Stolen Generations
- a two minute presentation to accompany the poster.
- give their poster a title
- use demographics and statistics from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare report
- use and reference other sources
- use quotes from their selected case study
- plan a short presentation to accompany the poster (Use this worksheet to assist planning.)
- write a good copy of the speech on index cards and create a final copy of the poster on A3 cardboard. (Remind students that it is not appropriate to recreate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art forms.)
- Use the yarning circle inspired space you have created in your home to allow your child to share their poster and speech. Email a copy of the poster and recording of the speech to your child’s teacher.