Read the book Sorry Day by Coral Vass, stopping to explain or answer questions if necessary.
Once you have finished the book, discuss any key points.
- What did you like about the story?
- What did you learn from the story?
- Are there any words in the story that are new to you?
- Use a sentence to describe how the book made you feel.
Ask your child to draw a picture of a part of the story that resonated with them. Write a letter about their thoughts and feelings after listening to the story. Break down the words ‘sorry’ and encourage your child to reflect on what that word means for those effected by the Stolen Generations.
- Use the yarning circle inspired space you have created in your home to allow your child to share their responses.