The Healing Foundation helps our people to heal by connecting them back to our culture, philosophy and spirit.
The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation with a focus on building culturally strong, community led healing solutions. We support organisations around the country to design and deliver healing programs that work for their communities.
Together with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, we:
- work with members of the Stolen Generations to create their own healing responses
- support children and young people and their families to improve their social and emotional wellbeing
- build the leadership and the capacity of communities and workers to respond to trauma through education and training
- develop the evidence base for best practice Indigenous healing, and
- share our knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander healing with communities, government and non-government organisations around Australia
We are governed by an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander board, with strong connections to the community and a dynamic mix of experience.
Our main office is in Canberra, with staff members working around the country.